CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas!

"And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

These verses have been running through my head all week. The significance of each of the names Christ was given before he was born overwhelms my heart. God knew exactly who he was sending before he came as a baby. Christ has been so faithful to fulfill each one of these names in my life throughout the past 4 months. I have had days when I had no idea what to do or where to turn and God was my Wonderful Counselor, he gave me wisdom, insight, and guidance in each moment I needed it. As he has directed and led me here I have become aware that he is Mighty God in my life. He has never left me, and has been strong and faithful through the many ups and downs. Just this week at the Children’s Home I got to see his fulfilling his role as Everlasting Father to the many orphans we worked with. They may not know the love of an earthly father, but they do have a heavenly father whose perfect love can fill them completely. Lastly, he truly has been my Prince of Peace. On a continent where ‘peace’ is not what rules, I am so grateful for the perfect measure of peace he gives my heart each day to make it through.

I hope and pray that the names of Christ come alive in your heart this Christmas season, as you celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior… Merry Christmas!

Much Love,

Mackenzie

0 comments: