CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Like Jesus

I was listening to a sermon this weekend that posed a question that really got me thinking…

“Do I like Jesus, or do I want to be like Jesus?”

To ‘like Jesus’ could include a comfortable life. One where I merely ‘tack him on’ as a sort of extracurricular as I try to live my life as a generally good person while still pursuing my interests, desires, etc. To be like Jesus, I’m afraid, will look radically different.

I think it’s beautiful that Jesus loved the outcasts, the sinners, the ‘hard people’, but am I willing to get dirty in the lives of people who do not know Him?

I am thankful that Jesus laid down his rights, but will I spend my life fighting for and trying to defend mine?

I’m amazed that Jesus’ life on earth was filled with suffering for the joy set before him, but will I spend my life trying to make sure I have a ‘good time’ while I’m here?

“Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.” {1 John 2:6}

I want my life to look like Christ. I long for people to see Jesus in me. I know that there is nothing more worthy, more satisfying, more joyful, more life-giving, than to spend everything that I have every day of my life to BE like Jesus. And I know that it is only by the grace of God and power of the Holy Spirit that I will be able to serve joyfully, love sacrificially, be self-forgetting, and willingly submit my will to the Father’s Sovereignty… just like Jesus did.


Much Love,

Mackenzie

1 comments:

michael said...

Hey Kiddo. It has been a while since I have written. I got a new computer and WOW...I am definitely on the on-ramp to this information highway.

What a blessing it is to view the world from the eyes of another. You have been so faithful in writing and sharing the "stuff" in your life. How the God of all is intertwined and is intertwining in all of us and all things.

I look forward to seeing you all again. I will be praying you will be like Jesus for the remainder of your time in Rehoboth...and that it continues here in the States as well.

Blessings to you. God speed.