CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Divine RE-Appointments...

Many of you may remember the story of a young girl named Ester that I shared with you in a blog post last fall. Ester is about 16 years old, and has a horrific story of prostitution, rape, physical abuse, alcohol abuse, HIV and TB… and that’s just the part of her story I know. Anyway, when she ran away from the hospital last October, I honestly thought I’d never see her again. We had spent good time talking, I had been able to share the gospel with her, and continue to spend time together, and when she left without telling anyone, my heart just hurt thinking about where she had run to. I was sure it was not her Heavenly Father, who I knew was the only one with bandages strong enough to bind up her wounds and throughout the past months, the Lord has brought her to mind many times and I have continued to pray for her and for the child she was pregnant with when I saw her last.

Well, as I was walking to Lebensschule on Monday (I pass by the hospital to get there) I heard a voice yelling, but wasn’t sure it was for me. I kept walking, and soon realized that there was a young girl chasing after me. I turned around, and much to my surprise, there was Ester!!! “Hi Mackenzie!” she said as she opened her arms for an embrace. I’m sure my face conveyed every bit of shock I was feeling as I wrapped her up in a hug I was so thrilled to be giving. Words started flowing quickly from her mouth, and I sorted out the details that she was back in Rehoboth (she is currently living on a farm south of here) because she had just given birth to her baby girl! As I followed her up to her room to meet her new baby, the verse from Psalm 41 that says “the LORD protects him and keeps him alive” kept running through my mind. As far as I know, Ester has not trusted Jesus with her life, but I couldn’t help but sense the overwhelming knowledge that it was Him who protected both her life, and her unborn baby’s. Praise God for His Sovereign protection and provision for these two beautiful girls!

Here is a picture of Ester and her new baby girl, Ashandy:

And here is a picture of the two of us :)

Please continue to pray that God would take ahold of Ester’s bruised and broken heart in a mighty way… that she would come to know the perfect love of her Father, and the saving grace of His Son.


Much Love,

Mackenzie

2 comments:

michael said...

...and the Gospel goes forth. thanks for reminder that God is sovereign and loves His children, even when they don't know His name. God Bless you and Ester and her precious little girl.

Cathi Geisler said...

This is so exciting!!! I had thought so much about Ester and wondered what had happened to her. Will continue praying for her. Let me know if there are any more updates. So glad the baby is doing well!! :) God is so great.