CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

A bit of this... a bit of that

Here are a few random things I have been up to over the last week or so:

- Last Saturday the girls on my team and I got to head back to Windhoek for the first time since orientation. It was such a fun day. WH is a bigger city, as I have mentioned, and we got to spend time at a mall, involving eating ice cream at 10:30 am (hey, we were excited!!) Overall it was a fun-filled, refreshing get away, which I was very thankful for!

- Ruth Rowell, who has been here with her husband and two youngest daughters, returned to the UK to be with one of their older daughters who has been ill since they left. She is missed by all already, and we are praying for a safe, speedy return.

- Kristen and I have continued to spend time with the girls living at the hostel at Rehoboth High School, and it has been SO good! Below is a picture of Taimi, myself, and Fabiola, who I have been able to spend great time and conversation with.

- Things at the hospital are continuing to go well. I really enjoy my time there, and the babies we have been caring for are starting to get to know us, which is really fun. I added a few more pictures, with little stories as captions if you want to check them out, click the slide show on the right.

- Also, Kristen will be headed back to the good ‘ol U.S. of A. on Tuesday of this week to join friends and family for the wedding of her brother Matt to his fiancĂ©e Shea. Pray for safe travels, and an enjoyable time while she is away… she will be missed!

Well, I think that about rounds it up. Hope all is well with you.

Much Love,
Mackenzie

0 comments: