CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Divine Appointments

You know those days and times when you are so aware that God, in his sovereignty, plans out each interaction and conversation you have? I was blessed with a week of just that… divine appointments. Let me elaborate:

On Tuesday, Kristen and I headed over to Rehoboth High School with the hopes of meeting some students there that we would be able to build relationships with. We prayed the whole walk there that God would draw us to the right group of students, and that doors would be open for conversations, and God answered our prayers in huge ways. We had no more than walked in the gate, and a group of three girls were sitting on the sidewalk. We asked if we could sit with them, they graciously agreed, and friendships that I hope will last the duration of our time here were born. It turned out that Malorye, Toniyella, and Rachel were waiting for the Rowell family to return to their flat so they could braid Jaydon and Courtney’s (the 2 younger girls) hair. We got to sit and talk with them while they did so, and even had the privilege of hearing them sing! (I tried to post a short video of this here, although i'm not sure if it will work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_M9LU3q6oU) Absolutely divine.

On Wednesday, I had the opportunity to visit with a young girl in the hospital that was brought to Rehoboth on Tuesday for her safety. She has later staged AIDS, a few infections, and found out upon admittance that she is 4 months pregnant. She was hungry for company and conversation, and we got to talk some about what was coming next and what led her to the situation she is in (the hurts seemed woven into every thread of her life). As I prayed for this girl, her unborn baby, her heart, her worth, and her void only Jesus can fill she wept uncontrollably. I was able to continue to visit her each day and got to share the gospel with her on Friday. Please pray for her and continued healing in her body, mind, and spirit. Absolutely divine.

I could continue… but for now I will leave it at that :)

These pictures really have nothing at all to do with the post, but they’re always fun :)


This is Alli (the other RN) and myself at what we think is the best street in Windhoek :)


This is Mudder, who helps run the 'soup kitchen' on Wednesdays. You pretty much can see all that there is. The table to the left is where we prepare all the meat and vegetables, and the pot on the right is where the cooking happens. Here she is getting ready to 'stir the big pot' :)

Much Love,
Mackenzie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Girlie

It sounds like you are doing such good things for everyone you are around. You were in my dreams last night and I was thinking about you when I woke up this morning. I'm glad to read that good things are beginning to happen for you. I love you

Joani

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear you are beginning to build relationships with those girls! They will be so blessed by you Mack. Oh and ps... I love the Florence Nightingale Street sign. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mackenzie-

Wow - how I love to read your blog and all your stories. I just have to remember not to read them at work - I get too choked up! You are just going to be amazing for all the wonderful things you are doing there. You are truly special - keep up your strength and know that we are all thinking about you and your work you are doing there. Lots of love to you - Katie, Michael & boys!